Please see below for a detailed Annual Overview.
Fitness and sport – Unit 1 (Exam)
- Pupils will learn about components of fitness, fitness testing, types if training and principles of training and how to relate these to their sporting performance and practice.
- Pupils will practically demonstrate their understanding of topic areas during practical lessons.
- Pupils will attempt to answer examination questions based on their knowledge and understanding of topic areas.
- Pupils will link theoretical content covered during performance to develop knowledge of sport and healthy and active lifestyles.
Practical – Unit 2 (coursework)
- Pupils will develop their understanding of officiating, rules, regulations and scoring systems in sport.
- Pupils will practically perform learnt skills, tactics and techniques to demonstrate understanding of topical content.
- Pupils will record performance through use of their IPADS to be able to reflect on their performance.
- Pupils will create an observation checklist to be able to review their performance in sport.
- Pupils will research the technical and tactical demands of sport and how this impacts on their performance.
Topic: Unit 5 Training for Personal Fitness; Personal fitness training programme; Design a personal fitness training programme
Topic: Unit 5 Training for Personal Fitness; Exercise Adherence; Know about exercise adherence factors
Topic: Unit 5 Training for Personal Fitness; Personal Training Diary; Implement a self-designed personal fitness training programme to achieve own goals and objectives
Topic: Unit 5 Training for Personal Fitness; Review Fitness Programme; Review a Personal Fitness Training programme
Topic: Unit 6 Leading Sports Activity; What makes a successful sports leader?; Know the attributes associated with successful sports leadership
Topic: Unit 6 Leading Sports Activity; Planning and leading a sports activity session; Undertake the planning and leading of sports activities.
Topic: Unit 6 Leading Sports Activity; Reviewing and developing leadership skills; Review the planning and leading of sports activities.