World Book Day Celebrations!03 March 2023
We are delighted to announce that our 2023 World Book Day celebrations will take place throughout the week beginning 6 March!
Students have been informed via assemblies that we have lots of fun-filled events and activities planned for the week (some have already taken place too). You can find out the details below!
House Points Competition
– Students – every time you read a book during this half term, upload a review of it to Showbie and you will earn 10 House points!
– There will be a prize for the student who completes the most reviews before Easter.
– Let’s see which House gets the most reviews uploaded!
– Speak to staff in the Library or your teachers/tutors for advice on what to read next!
– There are reading lists and suggestions on your Reading House Showbie groups!
Cornish Pirates Reading
As part of our training and mentorship-based partnership with professional rugby club the Cornish Pirates – players have been reading with and discussing the benefits of reading with our students.
World Book Day Tokens
All students have been e-mailed their World Book Day tokens!
Tutor Time Quiz
From Monday 6 March, there will be a World Book Day tutor time quiz on the tutor slide for all years to take part in!
Students in Years 7-9 will have a number of fun-filled activities to complete during their English lessons, including a visit to the Library to win prizes on a scavenger hunt!
Cardboard Box Prop Scene Competition
Our Library staff will host a Cardboard Box Book Prop Scene Competition during lunchtime on Thursday 9 March! Pupils will have 20 minutes to transform cardboard into a key prop or item of clothing from a book!