T Levels

What are T Levels? T Levels are equivalent to three A Levels. They combine classroom theory, practical learning and a three-month industry placement with an employer to make sure students have real experience of the workplace. T Levels have been developed in collaboration with employers so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work. They provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door to highly-skilled employment, an apprenticeship, or higher level study. Around 80% of your time will be spent at college, with the remaining 20% being spent at your placement. This differs to an apprenticeship, which is typically 80% on the job and 20% in the classroom.

Experience with a real employer in a real workplace will allow you to apply the skills and knowledge you learn in the classroom to the job, giving you a taste of the world of work you can expect once you complete your studies.

How long are the courses? Two years.

What qualifications do you need? Four GCSEs at Grade 4 to include either English Language or Literature and/or Maths. A Level 2 Diploma at Merit in an appropriate subject can also be considered (plus English and/or Maths).

Where can I complete T Levels? T Levels can be completed at Truro College.

What subjects can I do? New T Levels are being introduced every year, with current subject specialisations including Business and Law, Computing and IT, Construction, Engineering, Education, Health and Childcare, and Science.